One-Year Limited Warranty
Applies to all products.
Damson Global Ltd & Damson Global LLC, also known as “Damson Audio” warrants that the retail purchased “DAMSON” product herein is free of material defects in materials and workmanship (defects) that result in the product failure under normal consumer conditions for the Warranty Period, and under to the following conditions:
- This limited hardware warranty extends only to the original product purchaser (Consumer), and is not assignable or transferable to any subsequent purchaser or user.
- Consumer must provide proof of original purchase of the product by a dated itemised receipt to be eligible for this limited warranty.
- Consumer must notify DAMSON to obtain a Return Authorisation Number (“RAN”) and return the defective product along with a copy of the proof of purchase to DAMSON. The RAN number should be clearly written on the outside of the package containing the product being sent to DAMSON. DAMSON will not accept a return that does not have a RAN number.
- Consumer shall bear the cost of shipping the Product to DAMSON. DAMSON shall bear the cost of shipping the product back to the Consumer after the completion of service under this limited warranty. In cases where no fault is found consumer must pay for shipping the product back to the customer. Any Product returned to DAMSON without a RAN or proof of purchase will be returned to Consumer at Consumer’s cost. Proof of postage IS NOT proof of receipt. In order to obtain a RAN please go via our support page.
- The defective product must be returned within 4 weeks of the RAN being issued. Failure to do so will result in the return case being closed.
- The limited warranty is only applicable in the country where the product was purchased from an authorised retailer/reseller and excludes any product that has not been purchased as new.
- Except where prohibited by applicable local law, this warranty is limited to the original purchaser and is non-transferable.
- The limited warranty extends for a period of one year on all parts EXCEPT any built in battery, external cables or power supplies.
- DAMSON’s sole and exclusive responsibility under this warranty will be either to repair or replace the defective Product during the one (1) year limited warranty period so that it performs in accordance with the accompanying documentation on the date of your initial purchase. Any replacement may be, at the option of DAMSON, a new or remanufactured Product. For Kickstarter Headbone orders, if a replacement is required, this will be of standard colour. DAMSON will cover any labour or replacement parts costs as part of the service during the Warranty Period, and warrants that the repaired or replaced parts will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the remainder of the Warranty Period. Warranty replacements for custom logo products are not guaranteed to have the same logo decoration
The limited warranty does not apply to:
- Damage caused by normal wear and tear, abnormal use or conditions, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, improper handling or storage, defects or damages resulting from service, testing, adjustment, installation, maintenance, alteration, including without limitation, software changes, or modification in any way by someone other than DAMSON, improper use of any electrical source, undue physical or electrical stress, operator error, non-compliance with instructions or other acts which are not the fault of DAMSON, including damage or loss during shipment or transit.
- Damage from external causes such as floods, storms, fires, sand, dirt, earthquakes, an Act of God, exposure to sunlight, weather, moisture, heat, vibration or corrosive environments, electrical surges, battery leakage, theft, or damage caused by the connection to other products not recommended for interconnection.
- Any Product that has had its serial number altered, defaced or removed, shows evidence of tampering, has non-conforming or non-DAMSON housing or casing, or has damage caused by the equipment with which the product is used.
- Any product purchased as a “B” grade item which is sold with a three months version of this warranty.
- Any defect occurring after the expiration of the Warranty Period or occurring due to use not in accordance with the documentation.
- Products purchased through auction or auction based marketplaces including, but not limited to, eBay or John Pye or any other market trading type site where the product was not purchased directly through Damson.
- DAMSON does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the product and is not under any obligation to support the product for all operating environments. Any Product determined by DAMSON to be warranty-expired, warranty-void or not in need of repair will be subject to a minimum non-refundable diagnostic and handling fee (UK £25, EU €35 US $40 plus applicable taxes). In the event that the Consumer fails to make the payment, DAMSON may, at its sole discretion, dispose of the product without notice and liability to the Consumer.
Subject to any non-excludable limit under applicable law, the maximum liability under this limited warranty is the original price paid for the Product (excluding any shipping and additional charges). DAMSON and its affiliated companies will not be liable for any other losses or damage unless liability is non-excludable under applicable law. The remedy stated is the Consumer’s exclusive remedy for breach of warranty. Any action or lawsuit for breach of this limited warranty must be commenced within eighteen (18) months following the original purchase of the product or within the limitation period under applicable law.
INSOFAR AS PERMITTED BY LAW, THE PRODUCT AND THE SERVICED PRODUCT IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, DAMSON AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES HEREBY DISCLAIM THE APPLICABILITY OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE FOR THE PRODUCT AND/OR THE SERVICED PRODUCT. DAMSON AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOST PROFITS, SAVINGS, DATA, OR LOSS OF USE, ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, AND ANY INJURY TO PROPERTY OR BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) TO ANY PERSON, ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ARISING FROM BREACH OF THE WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, OR STRICT LIABILITY, EVEN IF DAMSON OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Where applicable this warranty is supplied in addition to any statutory rights in that territory and statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee.
In some territories and states do not allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from territory and state.